Pushing, shoving, fighting, shooting, robbing, and
It will be hard to top this year's animalistic behavior of
human beings as they competed for doorbusters and other deep discounts.
Here's a wrap-up of bad behavior this Black Friday:
- Everyone has by now heard about the Wal-Mart shopper -- still unidentified -- who used pepper spray to shoo others away as a crate of Xbox 360 consoles was being unwrapped late Thursday. Twenty people were treated at the scene for eye irritation or bruising. The woman apparently paid for her stuff and left the store, in the wealthy Los Angeles suburb of Porter Ranch.
- A police officer reportedly used pepper spray to disperse an unruly crowd at a Wal-Mart in Kinston, N.C., although one witness said a man had simply fallen into a display and that people were on good behavior.
- Police twice used a stun gun on an allegedly drunk guy in a Wal-Mart in Florence, Ala.
- Police tasered a man who allegedly punched another shopper in a Wal-Mart in Milford, Conn., after a third man's child was pushed to the floor near the video games, CBS News reports. (Hint: Leave the kids at home when venturing into such mayhem.)
- The Columbus Dispatch in Ohio reported: "In the Toledo suburb of Oregon, police responded to three separate reports of fighting at a Wal-Mart on Thursday night, in one case, over towels selling for $1.88."
- In Buckeye, Ariz., police reportedly slammed a man face down on Wal-Mart's concrete floor when they suspected he was shoplifting. Family members said he merely stuck a video game in his waistband so he could snatch his grandson out of the midst of a frenzied crowd, My Fox Phoenix reports.
- Apparently disappointed that it wasn't open, looters broke into Hollister's flagship store in New York City about 1:15 a.m.
- A fistfight was reported in the electronics section of an Escondido, Calif., Wal-Mart store.
- Another fight involved several of the 1,000 shoppers outside a Best Buy store in Culver City, Calif.
- Two men fought at a Wal-Mart jewelry counter in Kissimmee, Fla. One man was arrested.
- Friday was only minutes old when two people suffered minor injuries in a brawl at the Wal-Mart electronics section in Rome, N.Y.
- There were also some shootings and attempted robberies of shoppers who had already left the stores.
Shoppers unfazed as man dies at Target
Family and friends were stunned by the loss of a West Virginia man who died while shopping on Black Friday as fellow bargain hunters reportedly walked around — and even over — the man’s body.
Witnesses reported, in Charleston, West Virginia, that shoppers walked around and even over 61 year old Walter Vance’s body as he lay on the ground dying.
"Where is the good Samaritan side of people?” Vance’s co-worker and friend Sue Compton told WSAZ. “How could you not notice someone was in trouble? I just don't understand if people didn't help what their reason was, other than greed because of a sale."
How horrifying! What are we becomming?
The incidences of people you read about above were dramatically more disgusting than the rest of the crowd, but I can guarantee you that the crowds, in general, all over the country, had a mob mentality, were pushy, shovey, rude....as they were all trying to be the first ones to get the material things they came there for at a big savings.
Is an x Box or any other material object worth a persons life or even injury. THESE PEOPLE ARE TRASH!!
How could you feel good about giving a gift to your child or anyone else when you trampled or punched someone to get it or even argued over it?
It seems we have become a material society, ready to gouge someones eyes out to get what they want, placing more importance on objects than people.
I remember as a child, Thanksgiving was for family....we didn't go shopping....there was no black friday....stuff like this didn't happen all over the country.
I'm not saying you shouldn't look for deals or try to save money on things, but be civilized about it. There are sales on items all throughout the year and slow times when things are less expensive. You don't see disgusting behavior to this degree at those times.
Personally, I don't go to black friday or other mob events. I would rather go without than subject myself to mobs like that.
As time goes on, I am observing that we are becoming more and more of a GODLESS society.
We don't deserve what we have in this country, except for a few.