ON STATE ISSUE 1
This is about THE OHIO THIRD FRONTIER PROGRAM. Ohio wants to make this a constitutional amendment. THAT IS INSANE!!
They have no business turning a bond issue into a constitutional amendment!! THIS IS DANGEROUS!!
If that happens it becomes permanent as a part of our Ohio Constitution AND ALL OF YOU WILL CONTINUALLY BE BLED FINANCIALLY!
Ohio is in enough debt because of the SOCIALIST, Ted Strickland, we have as Governor, who has been chasing business out of Ohio with the high taxes.
The Third Frontier Program is a welfare (Socialist) program for already wealthy corporations who will recieve millions more from it and we will be footing the bill AGAIN!
The people touting this insanity are from the corporations who have recieved and/or will recieve money from this program. They make it sound so wonderfull as to how it will create more jobs, etc.
DON'T BELIEVE THIS BALONEY UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SUCKERED AGAIN!
SEE THE INFO BELOW:
May 04, 2010
Ohio State Issue 1: PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDENT
TO EXTEND THE OHIO THIRD FRONTIER PROGRAM BY AUTHORIZING
THE ISSUANCE OF ADDITIONAL GENDERAL OBLIGATION BONDS TO
PROMOTE ECONOMIC GROWTH
Proposed by Joint Resolution of the General assembly
To amend Section 2p of Article VIII Constitution of the State of Ohio
· The Ohio Third Frontier website claims that about half of the OTF investment has been repaid by tax receipts, yet we have not repaid any of the debt and now we are asked to assume even more debt going forward.
· $681 million of Ohio dollars invested. $4.1 billion in Federal and other funds invested. 8527 direct jobs created. Meanwhile, the State of Ohio has lost 641,800 jobs over the last two years.
· Based on $681 million dollars spent and 8527 jobs, it has cost us $79,863.96 per job created.
· We have a projected State shortfall of 7.3 billion for fiscal year 2010-2011 and the Third Front Frontier program would increase our total debt.
· Traditional manufacturing jobs are leaving the State because we have the 7th highest state and local taxes in the nation.
· All of the above debt will have to be repaid by citizens but the State of Ohio will use today’s debt to fund the favored project of politicians and the politically connected. We are creating a political slush fund. VOTE NO TO HIGHER TAXES AND RETAIN YOUR ABLIITY TO CHOOSE THE BEST USE OF YOUR FUNDS!
· THE STATE OF OHIO NEEDS TO LOWER TAXES TO BECOME MORE COMPETIVE AND STOP THE BLEEDING OF DEBT.
· Successful economic development is a by-product of profitable business. It requires minimal regulations, minimal taxes, good infrastructure, and fair access to private capital, an educated workforce and basic government such as emergency services.