Ron Cotman Forms Political Action
Committee In Chester Twp Called
"Citizens For Responsible Government"?
Letter to the Editor:
I read the half page ad from the “Citizens for Responsible Government” Political Action Committee and I just want to respond as a citizen, in 40 words or more…
1. NO…, to modifying zoning to allow for high density housing. Are you crazy? If you want high density housing, move to Mayfield Hts.
2. YES, I want to live in a Township, (No income tax!) If Ron Cotman wants to turn Chesterland into a big city, then he can move to New York.
3. There are many ways to determine what the majority of residents want for Chester, a PAC is not one of them.
4. I do not favor commercializing our Town Center. At a recent meeting, a Steering Committee person said that, “We could look like Crocker Park!!!” I don’t want to look like Crocker Park.
5. DO NOT IMPOSE SEWERS SERVICE EXPANSION. I like my septic system, back off.
I think the PAC-Citizens for Responsible Government should consider changing their name to “Hi, my name is Cathy Cotman, since I could never get elected as a Trustee, I will force my governing style on you under the auspice of a Political Action Committee…
Judy K. Zamlen-Spotts
I saw the 1/2 page ad Ron Cotman took out in the Chesterland News and the questions in it. I believe your above response to Cotmans questions in that add is reflective of what the majority of Chester residents think. I have spoken to many people about this and their views are the same as yours.
I'm sure there are a few out there who cannot see how Cotmans poor ideas can be harmfull and costly to Chester and the people individually.
Cotmans thoughts of modifying zoning in Chester to allow for high density housing is insanity. This would open a Pandoras Box of high density zoning nightmares thru out all of Geauga. We would eventually become like the crowded suburbs with crime and traffic rising substantially.
People move out here for the country atmosphere, the beauty, the openness, nature, the privacy and peace. That type of change in zoning would shatter all of these wonderfull attributes.
It is unfortunate that some people, like Cotman, feel that progress is all about expansion, making things bigger, building new buildings, creating more debt for the township. Maybe it's all about Ron Cotmans inflated ego!
Progress isn't about any of those things. It is about people....the quality and peace of their lives....and we already have that in Chester and all Geauga.
I think it is all about ego when someone comes along and wants to accomplish all these so called great things, then look back and say....I done real good!
Sometimes progress means leaving something the hell alone if it doesn't need fixing, and just manage it well.